We thought it might be fun and helpful to share some of our favorite places, activities and things to see and do during your summer vacation right here at Kavanaugh’s Resort. The Brainerd and Nisswa areas have some really fun places and of course, some fantastic dining, golf and shopping to go right a long with your perfect resort stay. We certainly know that sometimes it can be hard pulling yourself away from Sylvan Lake, the beach, or the swimming pool but just in case we want you to be prepared.
Top 5 Places to Eat:
- The Classic at Madden’s….Everyone in our family loves to dine here for that special night out.
- The Side Track…..A great spot for affordable and dependable dining with plenty of choices!
- Ernie’s on Gull…..Definitely the best spot for a lake view and outdoor dining.
- Christmas Point…..For a unique lunch spot and of course, great coffee
- Sherwood Forest….Just a wonderful setting in a very historic log lodge with wonderful food.
Top 5 Golf Courses:
- The Legacy at Cragun’s….fantastic layout, marsh type course with beautiful vistas.
- The Classic at Madden’s….A 4.5 Star Forest type course with very narrow fairways.
- The Pine Beach West….Affordable, very pretty and a challenging par 67 for the whole family.
- The Legacy Walk Around….Par 3 and fun for kids and more experienced golfers alike.
- The Preserve….a wonderful course between Nisswa and Pequot Lakes.
Top 5 Activities:
- Paul Bunyan Land….A different home than the old days but still full of family fun.
- …A fun day of shopping and enjoyable lunch spots at Rafferty’s, A&W, and Main Street Ale House
- Pirate’s Cove….Get the whole family out for a big game of miniature golf!
- Cart Country…Time to hit the race track but there is much more to do as well.
- Safari North…a great way for the kids (and adults) to get up close and personal with animals.
Top 5 Pizza Places:
- Rafferty’s in Brainerd and Nisswa…our favorite pizza anywhere U.S.A.!!
- Boomer Pizzeria….Wood Fired, great crust and outstanding toppings (and great beer)
- The Arrowwood Lodge….try the American!
- Par Fecto…close by in Madden’s Resort and not a bad choice.
- Prairie Bay…..Yes pizza! Try something a little bit unusual with quality ingredients.
Top 5 Breakfast Places:
- Baxter’s Cafe….Really good, homemade breakfasts and fantastic pancakes!
- 371 Dinner….A great selection and a delicious selection of hash browns!
- The Barn….Old School breakfasts and lunches and make sure to get some pie!
- The Northwinds Grill….In downtown Brainerd. Excellent breakfasts.
- The Side Track…..simple breakfast menu with all the classic stand byes.